Email: timothyzchu (at) gmail (dot) com
Office: GHC 5103
I'm a fifth year PhD student at Carnegie Mellon University, who is very
fortunate to be advised by Gary Miller.
My interests include spectral graph theory and the mathematics behind
Previously, I received by Bachelors from MIT with a degree in mathematics.
- Functions mapping Manhattan Distances to Manhattan Distances
Timothy Chu, Gary Miller, Shyam Narayanan, Mark Sellke
Preprint [arXiv] .
- Algorithms and Hardness for Linear Algebra on Geometric Graphs
Josh Alman, Timothy Chu, Aaron Schild, Zhao Song
FOCS 2020 [arXiv].
- Cheeger and Buser Inequalities for Probability Density Functions,
with Potential Applications to Machine Learning
Timothy Chu, Gary Miller, Noel
Walkington, Alex Wang
- Exact Computation of a Manifold metric, via Lipschitz Embeddings
Timothy Chu, Gary Miller, Donald Sheehy
SODA 2020 [arXiv].
- Graph Sparsification, Spectral Sketches, and Faster Resistance
Computation, via Short Cycle Decomposition
Timothy Chu, Yu Gao, Richard Peng,
FOCS 2018 [arXiv].
Invited to the SICOMP Special Issue.
- Constant Arboricity Spectral Sparsifiers
Timothy Chu, Michael Cohen, Jakub Pachocki, Richard Peng